1099MISC Tax Forms and Envelopes Sets for Payers and Recipients
Use Form 1099MISC to report Miscellaneous Income of $600+ in a tax year. This set of 1099MISC forms and envelopes has everything you need to print and mail payer and recipient copies.
Rely on The Tax Form Gals to make 1099MISC filing easy!
1099MISC forms are no longer used to report nonemployee compensation. They have been replaced by 1099NEC Forms. Learn more >
Looking for an easier way to file 1099MISC forms? Set up a free account at DiscountEfie.com and let us do the work for you! We’ll e-file with the IRS, plus print and mail recipient copies. Learn More >
1099MISC Forms and Envelopes Set Includes:
- Copy A (Federal, red scannable)
- Federal Copy B (Recipient)
- Copy C / 2 (Payer / State)
- 1096 Summary & Transmittal Forms (3 forms)
- Envelopes with moisture seal or self-sealing flap, 2 windows, interior security tint and the required text, “Important Tax Return Document Enclosed” on the front.
Quantity = number of recipients you have.
- 2-up format
- Copy A has a 1/2″ side perforation
- 8.5″x 11″
- Printed on 20# laser paper
Choose the number of parts based on your filing requirements:
3-part: Federal only / 4-part: Federal and State / 5-part: Federal, State and Local
- Print each copy as a batch
- Mail Copy A to the IRS in a batch with the 1096 Form to summarize all 1099MISC for one payer
- Mail recipient Copy B directly to each individual in the compatible 1099 envelopes included
- Mail Copy C to a State or Local tax agency
- Keep Copy 2 for the payer’s files
POSSIBLE NEW E-FILING THRESHOLD
The IRS COULD change the e-filing threshold for 1099 & W2 forms. It is currently 250+ forms, but MAY change to 100+. Stay tuned to ZBP Forms and the Official IRS 1099 Instructions for developments.
If you need to efile, check with your software provider or use our online service, DiscountEfile.com to get it all done easily. We can even print and mail recipient copies for you!
Efile 1099 Forms
How to Choose the Right 1099 Forms
OPTIONS FOR 1099 FILING
NEW 1099-NEC Forms for nonemployee compensation reporting.
Form 1099-NEC is used for payments of $600+ or more to non-employees, such as contractors, freelancers, some attorney payments and more. It replaced the 1099MISC in 2020.
1099NEC Forms changed to a 3up format for 2021 (instead of last year’s 2up format). You will need new forms and compatible 1099 envelopes. Learn about new 1099-NEC Forms.
POSSIBLE NEW E-FILING REQUIREMENTS
The IRS is considering changing the 1099 & W2 e-filing threshold requirement to 100 forms for a single payer in 2021. They will make this determination by November. Stay tuned to ZBP Forms for compliance information!
If you want to get a jump on the new requirements, we make it easy with DiscountEfile.com. Learn More.
TYPE OF FORMS
NUMBER OF PARTS
The number of 1099 parts needed is based on government filing requirements.
- Copy A: Federal Copy for the IRS
- Copy B: Recipient Copy
- Copy C/2: Payer or State Copy
Read more: Small business guide to filing 1099s
3-PART STATES: AK, CA, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, NV, NH, NM, NY, OR, SD, TN, TX, VT, WA, WY
4-PART STATES: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI
5-PART STATES: AL, AZ, CO, CT, DE, HI, ID, ME, MA, MN, MS, MT, NE, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, UT, WI
Transmittal 1096 forms are required only if you are printing and mailing 1099-MISC Copy A to the Federal Government. One 1096 is required to summarize all 1099s for a single payer.
Order compatible 1099 envelopes to ensure mailing information aligns correctly in the windows.
1099 FILING DEADLINES
- January 31* – All 1099 Recipient Postmarked; 1099-NEC Federal Copy A Postmarked or e-filed with IRS
- February 28 – Paper Copy A filed with the IRS for all 1099s except MISC
- March 31 – E-filed copies to the IRS for all 1099s except MISC
These are Federal filing deadlines. Most states follow the same dates.
HOW TO CORRECT A 1099 FORM
If you need to correct a 1099 form because the original has errors, you will need to re-file the same 1099 form.
The only difference is a simple “Corrected” checkbox at the very top of the 1099.
Checking this box signifies to the IRS and recipient that there is different information than on the original 1099.
This is the approach for correcting any type of 1099 form, from the popular 1099NEC and 1099MISC to obscure types of 1099 forms too.
You can print and mail the corrected 1099 forms yourself, or file them all online to save time!
More on 1099 Corrections